Friday, August 31, 2007

Overdue!

Well in more ways than one we are overdue. I have been meaning to post a new update but needless to say haven’t done so until now.

I finished the nursery and it was a larger project than anticipated. It started with slapping up a new coat of paint but ended up in me re-doing the entire hard wood floor and re-plastering the ceiling. The baby furniture has also been assembled and the room is all set up so all we’re missing now is a little tyke to put in there! As of today we are officially overdue…what ever that means. The midwife originally gave us today (August 30th) as the baby’s due date, but I guess he’ll come when he’s good and ready. Predicting a due date is like hitting a moving target so we didn’t hold our breath or anything. It was just good to have a date to be able to shoot for while fixing up the house. The basement study area is just about done now.

Melissa has been saying that I am going through a little single couple crisis because I’ve been pushing the limits with hobbies, vacations, and play time. I have to admit that it has been a bit excessive but it’s also in part due to some great weather. I’ve picked up some new rock climbing, scuba diving, and fishing equipment and have gone to break them in with some friends and this was fine with her, but adding it to surfing, swimming and golfing along with the biking and basketball that I do from week to week she has been a bit concerned!



Melissa has been a trooper with the pregnancy. She has suffered for quite some time with edema which she’s been combating with frequent visits to ta friend’s pool with friends. She also has been busy cleaning and getting to a point of feeling ready, as she has had quite a bit of a nesting stage - probably worsened by being at home. She has started teaching piano lessons and doing all the other things and hobbies which work didn’t allow her to do prior to being pregnant.







We had a special fireside recently for the 18-19 year olds in the stake. The events surrounding it were quite miraculous, from finding a speaker to receiving a re-confirmation about the blessings of serving a mission. This re-confirmation came to me by having a family from Brazil move into our ward on the Sunday of the fireside who I discovered through my conversations with them, came into the church through the first persons I was privledged to work with and baptize in Brazil. Amazing how small the world can be at times!

No comments: