Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sweet Living

Last week we conducted our annual gingerbread house making/decorating tradition. Every year the engineering structures, designs, and decor seem to get more elaborate and more time intensive. The tree house, frat house, led lit shingled house, Boston clock tower, barn, and Boston Temple (entries from last year and post #2) were topped by a nativity scene, a house with dormers and stained glass windows, Sarah Palin's Alaskan igloo, a Dutch windmill, and a lighthouse with actual an light. I can't wait til Louis can join in the fun of building and decorating instead of just trying to touch and destroy everything he can reach. =)

The Nativity Scene

Palin Ice Rink (with the 4 Palin kids enjoying it)

Palin Igloo (with Todd, Sarah & Trig)

The house with dormers and stained glass windows
(dormers on the other side - not pictured)

The Dutch Windmill
The Light House

6 comments:

Melanie said...

So who built what? I want to make sure congratulations go to the appropriate parties. I don't think I have the skills to participate in such an activity.

Ann said...

those are awesome!! i'm dying to know who made what, too! love this tradition you guys have-much more creative and ingenius than we will ever be. total jealousy here.

The Faustino Ohana said...

Here are the credits:

Palin Palace - Melissa
House with Dormers and stained glass windows - Mike B.
Nativity Scene - Marissa B.
Dutch Windmill - James
Lighthouse - Josh I.

The Faustino Ohana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
turleybenson said...

Argh--you beat me to the punch! I might still post on this. Your pictures are waaaay better than the ones we got though. Bra-vo. Except you forgot to point out how much more righteous I clearly am because of my choice.

Holly June said...

That Palin Palace cracks me up! And I'm very impressed with James' windmill. I don't think I'd be cool enough to join such and elaborate and creative gingerbread house party.