Sunday, May 24, 2009

Unsolicited Advice

Today is my official due date for this baby and I'm still sitting here. House is clean, bags are packed, meals are in the freezer and since I've 'made it' the whole nine months, I feel the urge to give some unsolicited, probably really bad advice to the rest of you preggies (and there are a lot of you out there right now).

1) If all of your sisters have always been late having their babies (every single time), don't secretly think you'll be the exception to the rule. Its just disappointing.

2) Do not go shoe shopping. The size of your feet at the end of your pregnancy and beginning of the summer will just be shocking.

3) Do not think bowling is a perfectly acceptable physical activity to engage in the day before you are due. You will quite possibly pull a muscle you never knew existed and end the evening in such extreme pain you can hardly walk.

Here are some good do's:
- Post some pictures of you pregnant two months ago and pretend that is how you look right now. Seven months pregnant is pretty cute actually and no one that lives far away will ever know.....
- Do resist the urge to karate chop anyone who tells you that you look like you are about to explode, pop open, rip at the seams, have a whole litter or waddle that one out.

So there you go, happy pregnancies to the rest of you. Look for some really bad newborn parenting advice in the next week or so. We're a hotbed for that too.

9 comments:

Trish said...

Hilarious!I love all your insightful advice. I think a karate chop is totally fine, if necessary. Really you can blame it on temporary insanity, due to being totally exhausted from growing a human being in your body for the last 40 weeks!
I miss you!!!

Ann said...

love the advice!! hang in there! can't wait to see the adorable little 'it!' miss you so much!!

Taffy and Tony said...

Great advice! Good luck with the new baby! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Susie said...

Hahaha. Not bad advice, at all, but then again, even good advice sometimes comes back to bite us. At least me.
Good luck with brand new baby when he/she comes! Can't wait to find out what it is and see some pics.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear! I heart this post!

Jennifer Lee said...

I was thinking about you this weekend and wondering if the baby had made his/her grand entrance yet. Apparently not. Keep us posted! And good luck!

Unknown said...

Lol...you are hilarious! Good luck with everything! I can't wait for the newborn advice! :)

LHarmon said...

I am shooting for the birth to be this Saturday the 30th so we can share the day and you can have Lee for the middle name. That would be spectacular!

Melanie said...

Melissa - I'm SO sorry about the bowling. What a stupid idea! We should have suggested just sitting at your house with our feet up instead. Hopefully you're feeling better, but now I definitely owe you some babysitting...