On June 5th we welcomed baby number two into our family. Melissa had a very fast (making up for all of extra waiting we had to endure) and pretty easy labor (her words, not mine) that literally lasted less than two and a half hours. We barely made it into the birth center before the baby was born! Melissa was amazing. Some people call her tough and "Pioneer Womanish" and I would have to agree. True to form, when our midwife asked how she was feeling after the baby was born she answered, "Without all those contractions, I feel great." In response to this the midwife asked are you ok to move, to which Melissa replied, "Oh yeah I could walk home with my baby." Don't ask me why she would choose to say that but I can say that I've heard some of the best quotes from her right after labor. After laboring with Louis it was the same. That time she said after having Louis "Whew, that was it...(cracking a smile), that wasn't so bad." Both times she had the nurses and midwife rolling.
At 6:22AM we were pleasantly surprised to welcome a beautiful little girl into our family (we hadn't found out before hand what the gender would be). We named her Elsie June Tehani Faustino. Elsie meaning God is my Oath, June after June Oberg Melissa's amazing grandmother aka Grannie and Tehani meaning caress or scent of a flower. To our surprise she was more tan, a whole pound and six ounces heavier, and had more hair than Louis if you can believe that. Lets just hope her thick beautiful wavy hair doesn't thin and fall out like Louis' did after a couple of months when he had the sparse and mangy old man comb over hairdo going. We'll have the sense to cut it this time if it happens to Elsie, instead of parading around a little brown Benjamin Button look alike as we did with poor little Louis.
At 6:22AM we were pleasantly surprised to welcome a beautiful little girl into our family (we hadn't found out before hand what the gender would be). We named her Elsie June Tehani Faustino. Elsie meaning God is my Oath, June after June Oberg Melissa's amazing grandmother aka Grannie and Tehani meaning caress or scent of a flower. To our surprise she was more tan, a whole pound and six ounces heavier, and had more hair than Louis if you can believe that. Lets just hope her thick beautiful wavy hair doesn't thin and fall out like Louis' did after a couple of months when he had the sparse and mangy old man comb over hairdo going. We'll have the sense to cut it this time if it happens to Elsie, instead of parading around a little brown Benjamin Button look alike as we did with poor little Louis.
Elsie has come home to a lot of love - her older brother just cannot keep her hands off of her, and Mom and Dad are of course thrilled with her too. She is a good eater, sleeper and generally content baby. For any of you who were around us when Louis was a newborn, you know this is a big deal and we appreciate it fully!
I attached some pics for your viewing enjoyment. I don't have too many uploaded so sorry for posting the two baby announcements.
James, Melissa, Louis and Elsie Faustino


8 comments:
Congrats you guys, she is awesome!
Those pictures are just precious! She's SO adorable! Hopefully I'll get to meet her AND Louis someday!? But for now, thank goodness for blogs and facebook! :)
She is so beautiful! I love her big eyes. Congrats! Miss you guys!
Melanie has a lot to compete with in the "tough woman" category, now that Melissa has popped out 2 kids with little or no effort.
Oh so beautiful! Congratulations.
She's beautiful! The name suits her, very sweet. Congratulations James and Melissa. I love the pictures of the kids. Please keep in touch. You can find my pictures on Facebook. Take care!
Oh my gosh, she is so precious! I'm glad to hear that everything went so smoothly! I was at the birthing center for 26 hours before my little stinker finally came--same day, June 5. Even though the midwives said I handled it really well, after the birth I just remember thinking "I'm pretty sure I'll never have another child!" (I've since changed my mind...)
Congrats to you and your family!
She looks so cute and squishy! I can't wait to squeeze her is just a few more weeks. She is going to get spoiled and never left alone the whole time you're up here.
Post a Comment