Its been a little over a month since Elsie was born and we have had lots of visitors and have enjoyed having James off of work for a full month! Elsie is a great baby- she sleeps wonderfully at night and eats like a champ (hence the double chin and fat rolls at 4 weeks old in these pics). Louis has dubbed her Algae. We think she's pretty cute. 

Louis has started referring to himself as Widdie this last week. We are confused by this because his pronuciation of other words is remarkably coherent. He has a hard time with the S sound, but has no problem with L, so we're stumped at where he came up with Widdie. He even proudly pats his chest with one hand and solemnley declares "Widdie" when we ask him what his name is.
Louis has had the hardest time out of all of us adjusting to the new baby. He vasilates between intense love and extreme jealousy. Unfortunately, both emotions are extremely physical and must be demonstrated by intense hugging and kissing or slapping and poking. I know it will just take some time for him to adjust, so after trying lots of different methods to curb his behaviors, I'm opting for patience. Luckily, we've noticed a difference the last couple of days. Instead of trying to cover her face with his hand while riding in the double stroller today, he lovingly put his hand on her cheek and left it there for almost the whole ride.
Also at the zoo James decided to show him this monkey mask. At first Louis was just a little confused by his Dad in a monkey mask. 

Of course we didn't stop after the first time he freaked out, I had to dig the camera out of the bag to take some pictures. The reaction the second time around was the same. Ahhhh the joys of torturing your young children.
9 comments:
they are both so adorable! i'm so excited to see pictures of elsie-she's beautiful! i love her rolls! and louis is so grown up!! can't believe what a little man he is. love, love, LOVE his reactions to the mask. you guys are the best parents! miss you tons!
Holy cow, she is ADORABLE. I can't wait to meet her in person!
I am dying that I'm not there to see that cute baby in person. And I couldn't help but laugh at poor Louis as he was being tortured by the monkey mask. Miss you guys!
What beautiful babies the two of you make. Seeing Louis' reaction to that mask reminds me of how Kent use to ROAR at him all the time and either confuse him or freak him out. It's probably mean, but hilarious all the same.
hearing Louis call himself widdie was great- he seemed quite pleased with himself. The mask pictures are also hilarious!
your baby is almost as ugly as you.
grandpa fred.
just joking.
Hey I'm coming to Boston the beginning of December. If you're in town I was to see you guys and the babies. Let me know!
Its been a little over a month since she was born now...
Post a Comment