Friday, January 18, 2008

Cold, Cold and Colds

So we've been back from Alaska for about 2 weeks now. The trip marked Louis' first plane ride. Much anxiety preceded the flight because Louis absolutely hates riding in the car and being that those car rides are no longer than an hour at a time, 9 hours of flight time could've seemed like an eternity. Amazingly, Louis slept most of the time and was just a joy, barely saying a peep over the whole trip. I think he just enjoyed the unbroken attention and just being held for that long. In regards to Louis' disgust with riding in the car, some say that its our car itself that he might be afraid of. Many have commented that they think it looks like a hearse, JI refers to it as the ram and snow plow (although Dodge already does make a Ram model vehicle - so this confuses me) , while others just call it spicy (JS). Well, you can be the judge...




Speaking of flying, we had a great time in Alaska, which amongst other things included a day of recreational flying. Thanks dad for taking us up in the scout.


Landing on the shore of a frozen lake


Flying in the valley


The co-pilots aka passengers



Buzzing a herd of moose



When most people think of an Alaskan winter a frozen, cold, and dark picture comes to mind. I would have to say for the most part they are correct but what most don't realize is that this same picture can be used to discribe a New England winter. Being hit with 3 noreasters thus far and with another front bearing down on us this weekend things are pretty comparable to Alaska. In fact Palmer, Alaksa had less snow than Boston did when we left for Christmas vacation. Temperature fluctuations are what I would say is the big difference, although the wind chill here in Boston is also a cold bringer.

In regards to colds, Louis has a pretty bad one. I tried to get a picture of the inch and a half snot (hanna butta for you Hawaii folk) bubbles he can blow with his nose, but I was always too far from a camera. Of course I am just making light of it, as I have never experienced anything so heartbreaking as hearing the little guy cough so much he pukes, seeing him in agony while running a high temperature, and listening to his weak and raspy cry. Worst of all none of this is mitigated with his smile, laugh, or giggle as he is even too weak, tired, or somber for that. Nebulizer time again...I hope he gets better soon and is back to his spunky self...sleep calls and my heart aches. It would be nice if he was all better by Sunday or else I may be cheering the Pats on without the little football junkie/pats fan.



He takes the handoff...


King Louis watching the game


And the Pats score!!!



What, you wanna piece of me?!


1 comment:

Kent said...

What the devil are you doing!?!?!? Get some Colts gear on the boy! James is a Colts fan, and as the dominant sports fan in the house, he should be asserting his will on the tot. And yes, awesome Super Bowl. I love watching the dejected local news anchors talk about the game.