Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh Paradise

So of course our trip to Hawaii was wonderful, relaxing and everything you'd expect a weekend on the North Shore of Oahu to be. Seeing family was great and it is always nice just to be together for a week without work and other responsibilities.

We did some great hiking right behind James' parents house. The strawberry guavas were in season, so we spent a lot of time trying to pull the trees down and get our fill. Louis was great riding in the backpack. As long as we were on the go, he was happy.

We loved spending our days on the beach. Louis, like most babies loved to shove sand in his mouth and eat it at an alarming rate. He even caught a few waves on the baby board.
For some reason, the sounds of the ocean would make this kid sleep like nothing else. Here he is napping on a walk on the beach.... Crashed out after lunch on the blanket.....

Yes, that is him asleep in the water while he was supposed to be swimming.

Other things that were a big hit for Louis were his cousins, the wildlife, the Honolulu Aquarium and Grandma and Papa Faustino's swing.


Things that were a hit for James were early morning surfing, night diving/fishing, eating Hawaiian and Filipino food and just being on the beach.
Things that were great for Melissa included her first real Mother's Day, the beach, having no schedule, all the great food and the hiking.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds lovely. I would love an excuse to make a regular trip to Hawaii. Paradise is right!

Texas Jacksons said...

Fun family trip! I love that he kept falling asleep. That's what I would have been doing. You should get a sound maker. My girls sleep so well with them. They love the rain fall sound, by I love the beach waves. You can get them at target and they're pretty cheap. You look really good, by the way.

Kent said...

I had no idea James was so ripped and cut. I'm pretty sure I'm turning gay for him, seeing those pics. And we (Mel and I) both think Louis is getting cuter by the day, but I'm still ranking him 2nd cutest in the ward.

Sherene said...

We just returned from HI too!
We went to the beach on Saturday in Northern MA, just not the same.