Monday, June 30, 2008

Good Times


I guess its officially true, the Good Time Emporium is closing in doors and being served in its place is IKEA. Don't get me wrong I love cheap furniture and some of the stuff IKEA has to offer but I will miss the seedy and shady but over all good times that this place had to offer. It's the first place I've seen the arcade game guitar hero (the original Japanese version) before it made it big by hitting the home gaming consoles. Of course I lacked the foresight in its actual coolness and made fun of Melissa for wanting to play. It's the first place I went to get some batting practice for our softball league - I still need practice. It's also the first place I've seen that has a bar, complete with keno gambling, pool hall, and dance club in the same visible area to as the arcade where kids are playing video games, laser tag , go carting , or riding merry go rounds. That's right it really is ghetto fabulous good times. For those that want to experience the lack luster of it all for one last time and nostalgia's sake, join us for one last hurrah tonight.


I also have mixed emotions about IKEA coming pretty much to our backyard. I worry about traffic and stuff, but even more than that, I worry about the propensity to spend more money and having more house projects to do.

3 comments:

Kent said...

Count us in! Thanks for the personal invite, buddy.

Jared said...

I so wish we had an IKEA up here! But it does suck that it's replacing a place like Good Time. Sounds like a place out of my youth. lol OK who am I kidding...Alaska never had such an awesome place.

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

Hey James! Long time no see! So if you don't remember, I'm from Boston... and Good Time's is the best place ever! I'm so sad that they're closing it down. I had some good memories there from when I was younger... sad times. Well, your family is so cute! Congrats on the baby (a little late) and check out our blog to see how ours is doing sometime.
Take care! ~Jenny (and George) Uyema